Saturday, February 14, 2015

Countdown To TARC Spring Thaw

Only four weeks to go until the TARC Spring Thaw 6 hour run and I'm beginning to think there will be no spring in New England this year. Well, maybe not until June!  With three to four feet of snow pack on the ground and another one to two feet on the way, this trail race could turn into a snowshoe race. Either way, I've done virtually zero training but that doesn't scare me. In true TUG (The Ultra Gang) fashion I'll show up untrained but very well rested at my first race in over three years.

So much snow and still a long way to go.

Walk if I must. Run if I can.

UPDATE 3/12/14: I haven't been feeling well the past 3 weeks so I decided to pass on the race. I'll be looking to make the Merrimack River Trail race in April if I'm feeling better by then.

2 comments:

  1. Volunteer when your dogs are tired. I will have a chair ready for you and something to warm you. (So I am never on here and then I decide to do a blog pst and see your post! must be the pisces in us.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the offer of chair but I'm going to do my best to keep moving for 6 hours.

      Delete

What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...