Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ipswich Wildlife Sanctuary

I spend a couple of hours wandering though the Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary on a sunny and warm Saturday afternoon.  With 12 miles of trails spread over 2,267 acres of forest, field and wetlands it wasn't nearly enough time.  I covered less than three miles on my casual walk but it was time well spend.  I haven't been in the woods for months so the sights, sounds and smells were good for my soul.  I'd like to return someday to run the many miles of unexplored trails but that will have to wait for now.


A gazebo on South Esker Trail.

A view of Great Wenham Swamp.

A stone bridge over Waterfowl Pond.

Boardwalk to Rockery Pond.

Walking through a glacial boulder tunnel.

Arriving at my new homestead. That would be sweet!

More photos of the sanctuary can be viewed HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...