Thursday, March 6, 2008

Product Review - First Impression


Merrell Overdrive
Suspecting the Inov 8 Flyroc 310s I wore last summer contributed to the development of plantar fasciitis in both of my feet, this year I decided to try a shoe with more support. After much searching I decided to go with the Merrell Overdrive. My first impression when trying it on is that the shoe seems to run small. I suggest buying a pair 1/2 size larger than you normally wear. The shoe also feels a bit narrow so it's not a good choice for someone with wide feet. Arch support is adequate and the heel counter fits snug which should prevent heel slippage. The Overdrive has a duel lacing system. The shoe can be laced conventionally or laced using the laces with a quick release/tightening clasp. The Vibram® Ultra-Traction sole should provide good traction in deep mud and on wet rocks. One area of concern I have with the shoe is the toe box. It's not wide enough nor high enough in my opinion. This could contribute to blisters on long runs or black toenails if descending many long, steep downhills. Well, I'm off for a short test run. I'll update you on the shoe's performance when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...